12 Reasons Why Your Business Absolutely Needs SEO – Search Engine Optimization:
1. Organic Search Is Most Often the Primary Source of Website Traffic
2. SEO Builds Trust & Credibility
3. Local SEO Means Increased Engagement, Traffic & Conversions
4. Good SEO Also Means a Better User Experience
5. SEO Impacts the Buying Cycle
6. SEO Best Practices Are Always Being Updated
7. Understanding SEO Helps You Understand the Environment of the Web
8. SEO Is Relatively Cheap
9. It’s A Long-Term Strategy
10. It’s Quantifiable
11. SEO Brings New Opportunities to Light
12. If You’re Not on Page 1, You’re Not Winning the Click
Best SEO practices evolve, over time, as Google and the other search engines change ranking methods and algorithms.
SEO is a practice that never stays constant.
You might already know that Google uses over 200 ranking factors in their algorithm…
But what the heck are they?
Well, you’re in for a treat because I’ve put together a complete list.
Some are proven.
Some are controversial.
Others are SEO nerd speculation.
Let’s dive right in:
Special Google Algorithm Rules
On-Site Webspam Factors
Off-Site Webspam Factors
- Perform Keyword research and optimize pages of your website for keyword targeting and relevance
- Configure on-page settings to optimize images and ensure your page loads fast**
- Configure automatic redirect rules that will manage help manage any broken URLs that currently exist, or may exist in the future – and ensure they are redirected to the proper locations.
- Build 10 local citations to boost the link authority of your website
- Ensure NAP consistency between your website, Facebook listing, Yelp and Google My Business. A full NAP report will be run and any other updates that may be needed will be communicated and can be updated.
- Configure the site for rich snippets and Schema markup (helps with your ranking, and search engine click through rates)
- Configure a file that would prevent spambots from accessing your site and bogging down your server resources
- Configure and submit an SEO optimized Google XML Sitemap
- Set up and connect your Google Webmaster tools account
- Set up and connect your Google Analytics account to track site stats and visitor data
- Setup your local search listing for Google My Business & Yelp (if one of those platforms is already set up and optimized for your business, we will list offer up to 5 local citations (listings on other relevant, high quality directories) in its place.
- Set up the reviews feature to serve as a powerful trust indicator
- Integrate the reviews onto your existing social media accounts and website
**Page speed and load times can be strongly impacted by your webhost – if you have a cheap hosting plan, or are on a shared server that is bogged down with 500 other websites – on page optimization can only do so much – if your speed does not improve dramatically, you may need to change to a more reliable host. Here is our hosting service.